Example excerpt from our SWMS control measures guide.
Our SWMS control measure guide is our safety handbook that enables us to control and measure training and implementation of the high risk operation we provide to our clients and projects.
What are the tasks involved.
- Hooking up Loads, Pre-Cast Panels, steel off the back off trucks.
- Work on formwork decks.
- Working from scaffolding.
What are the hazards and risks.
- Falling from height due to poor or no Edge Protection in place.
- Falling from incomplete formwork decks.
- Scaffold not certified as safe by licensed Scaffolder.
What are the Control measures
- Panda Employees are to ensure that trucks all have Edge Protection before climbing up onto the back of them when unloading.
- Panda Cranes Workers will not work on any incomplete formwork decks and will comply with all signage and directions from the Formworker and Site Management.
- Panda Cranes Workers will use compliant mobile scaffolds or elevated work platforms (EWP’S) when working close to the perimeter of the building or any penetration where a worker could fall 2m or more.
- EWP’s to be registered on site with RCC and only trained Operators are to operate any Work at Height Plant.
- Panda Cranes Workers will use compliant mobile scaffolds or elevated work platforms (EWP’S) where external scaffold has not been erected or has been removed.
- Panda Cranes Workers will not work from any scaffold provided by RCC where the Scaffold tag is not in place or is out of date.
- Mobile scaffolds provided by Panda Cranes will be erected in accordance with the legislative and manufacturers requirements.
- Handrails to be installed around the perimeter of the slab by RCC, if any LIVE EDGE is found Panda Cranes is to notify Site Management so it can be fixed immediately.
- Panda Cranes Workers are not to work on any Slab or Formwork Deck that doesn’t have FULL Edge Protection. Workers not to work within 2m of any edge and not in windy conditions.
Do it once. Do it right.“Do it once Do it right” this is a statement our crane crews stand by and maintain to the highest of professional standards. In order to do this our crane crews communicate heavily with Site foreman, Site managers, Project managers and other key site staff to ensure the service provided meets client needs.
Book your consultation with PCC today.
Don’t jeopardise safety on your project. Contact a consultant today to maintain productivity and consistency in your next or current build.